Have you ever had a goat escape? It’s not an easy task to find them again. If you’re looking for the best electric fence for goats, this blog post will help guide you in choosing the right product!
The best electric fence for goats is one that can be assembled quickly, without tools. It should be easy to move around the farm on a regular basis and it must hold up against the elements, including rain. If you are looking for an electric fence that meets all of these requirements, then wire-mesh fences are your answer. Wire mesh fencing is also great because it does not require any type of grounding or insulators which can make installation much easier than with other types of fencing materials. Best of all…it’s affordable!
There are many benefits to using wire mesh fencing in place of traditional wood or metal posts when creating your goat pen area. One benefit is its versatility. It can easily be cut down to fit whatever size or shape you want. Also, it’s easy to move and can be broken down for storage in a matter of minutes. Unlike wood posts, the wire mesh posts don’t rot or require yearly upkeep.
The best part about using wire mesh fencing is that it will work for most goats, but not all of them! Baby goats won’t be able to go through the wire mesh. This means that when you are working with your herd, if you see a baby goat outside its pen area it’s easy to run over and bring him back in.
Let us have a look at the best electric fences for goats in 2022:
Gallagher G62176 Electric Fence For Goats Turbo Equibraid, Ultra White, 1/16-In. x 1,312-Ft.
This is a high-quality fence that installs easily and is well constructed. It comes with everything you need to make your pen or pasture safe for both you and your goats. If you plan on moving it regularly, this fence makes it easy because the posts come apart which makes them easier to carry. The Gallagher G62176 can be used as a single continuous run or broken down into smaller runs which gives you ultimate installation choices.
The fence is 6 feet high which should be adequate for most goat herds. It meets all the requirements of a great electric fence . It takes less than 1 minute to install each post and can go up in minutes. However, it has extra features that make your goats safe without hurting them. For example, there are no exposed hot wires! If you have curious baby goats this is very important because they will not try to escape through the fencing if they can’t see where it ends!
The Gallagher G62176 also comes with an energizer that allows you to use just one low voltage power source. The controller box keeps everything safe from water damage by being enclosed in waterproof casing. The only thing lacking with this fencing system may be its ability to work for small animals. If you only have a couple of goats or smaller animals, this is probably not the best electric fence to choose. However, it will work for most medium size animals and large pets like sheep and goats!
Gallagher G62176 Electric Fence Features:
- Six foot high fence
- High-quality components
- No exposed hot wires, which prevents injury to curious baby goats
- Easy to install and transport as posts come apart
- Convenient controller box protects the system from water damage.
The Gallagher G61676 will work for most medium sized animals including lambs, calves, sheep and of course goats. If you have a larger farm with lots of animals this is a good option for keeping them all safe.
However, if you want to keep small pets like chickens or rabbits out, this might not be the best electric fencing solution for your homestead. It is also more affordable than some other options on the market which makes it a great choice for someone who doesn’t want to spend too much money on fencing.
Gallagher G62176 Electric Fence Pros:
- High quality material
- Easy to install and move if necessary
Gallagher G62176 Electric Fence Cons:
- Only 6 feet high, may not be ideal for some herds (but works well for most small animals).
Premier PermaNet Plus Electric Netting Fence – 48″H x 100’L, Double Spike, 12/48/3
The Premier PermaNet Plus Electric Netting Fence is a simple, easy to use system that keeps your herd contained. It comes in both 50 and 100-foot rolls which are more than enough length for many homesteads. This electric fence wire is 17 feet tall which should give you plenty of height to contain most animals including goats.
The fencing has 7 horizontal lines so there are plenty of hot wires! The steel core pillars have been strengthened so they won’t break or bend even if an animal charges into them at full speed. All of the hot wires are low voltage so it’s safe for you and your animals without causing any harm.
The Premier PermaNet Plus requires no assembly out of the box . Simply unroll the fencing and attach the posts to your ground with stakes or gravel. You can also use a section of PVC pipe if you like.
Premier PermaNet Plus Electric Fence Features:
- Allows for both visual and electronic confinement
- Straight fence lines make cleanup easy
- Seven horizontal hot wires for maximum containment
Premier PermaNet Plus Electric Fence Pros:
- You can purchase more than one roll of fencing if needed
- The large number of hot wires in the fence is beneficial for animals like goats who like to jump back and forth across barriers
Premier PermaNet Plus Electric Fence Cons:
- The stakes may not be very useful for some users. For example, if you use it on a slope you will need to get different kinds of ground attachments to hold the fencing steady. You will also need additional materials like PVC or underground piping because stake holes probably aren’t going to work.
Premier ElectroStop Goat & Sheep Double Spiked Electric Fence For Goats , 42″ H x 164′ L
The Premier ElectroStop Goat & Sheep Double Spiked Electric Fence is a more expensive option than some of the others on this list, but it also offers more features and durability. The Premier brand is known for its high-quality items and the same goes for their spike fence designed specifically for goats and sheep.
Premier ElectroStop Goat & Sheep Double Spiked Electric Fence Features:
- 7 hot wires that all stay low voltage to avoid harming curious animals
- Double grounding spikes prevent any chance of electrocution from occurring
- Made of steel core posts with UV protection against sun exposure
Premier ElectroStop Goat & Sheep Double Spiked Electric Fence Pros:
- Easy to use, no assembly required
- The 7 hot wires are beneficial for animals like goats who enjoy jumping back and forth across barriers
Premier ElectroStop Goat & Sheep Double Spiked Electric Fence Cons:
- The high cost of this product may make it prohibitive for some users
- Will need additional materials like PVC piping and connection pieces for more permanent installation on slopes.
Starkline All-Purpose Sheep and Goat Netting AC Electric Fence For Goats Kit – 35″H x 82’L Electric Fence for Goats
This kit comes with everything you need to get started. Each post has a grounding spike that helps conduct the electricity to the ground. The fence is made of polypropylene which ensures that it will last for quite some time. The hot wires are spaced at 12-inches apart which is great for containing animals like goats.
If you have a large backyard or need to create a barrier around your garden, you can buy additional rolls of netting if needed. The fence has double stitching and the ground spikes are coated with zinc for maximum corrosion resistance. It’s also okay to get this kit wet.
Starkline is a great brand that focuses on creating high quality products with maximum customer satisfaction. The fencing is made for all weather conditions. It comes with a one-year warranty which gives you peace of mind.
Starkline All-Purpose Sheep and Goat Netting AC Electric Fence Kit Features:
- Includes galvanized steel ground spikes to discourage animals from digging under the fence
- Can be used all year long thanks to its weather resistant polypropylene material
- Electrically charged wires are spaced apart at 12 inches for maximum effect on animals like goats that love to jump back and forth across barriers
- Grounding spikes have been coated with zinc for maximum corrosion resistance
Starkline All-Purpose Sheep and Goat Netting AC Electric Fence Kit Pros:
- The netting is easy to store when it’s not in use with the included storage bag
- Quality product with premium materials that will last for years of outdoor use
- Double stitching in key areas guarantees that this fence won’t fall apart easily
- Affordable price with all necessary equipment included in one package
Starkline All-Purpose Sheep and Goat Netting AC Electric Fence Kit Cons:
- Ground spikes aren’t very sturdy so they may need reinforcement depending on your requirements
Gallagher Electric Fence For Goats | Turbo Wire | UV, Rust Resistant | 3/32″ Diameter Turbowire | 2625 Foot:
This kit comes with everything you need to get started. The wires are made of nine different metals that ensure they will stay effective regardless of the weather conditions. It’s a great, cost-effective way to contain animals like goats that love to jump back and forth across barriers.
The Gallagher Electric Fence is very easy to install and will provide years of reliable service. You can keep it up all year round or take it down for storage in the winter months. The included wire stakes make it easier to secure this fencing along trails and pastures.
Gallagher Turbo Wire Features:
- Includes sturdy wire stakes that you can use to create a temporary fence that’s more than three feet high around pastures and other outdoor areas
- Three conductor wires are made from nine different metals instead of just one so they don’t lose conductivity over time, even when exposed to extreme weather conditions
- Long lasting polyethylene coating resists sun exposure as well as abrasion which ensures the wires won’t crack or break easily
- Reinforced metal clamps securely fasten the netting to each wire so there’s no chance of it coming apart easily
Gallagher Turbo Wire Pros:
- The kit comes with three different voltage settings. You can choose how much power you want to deliver through the fencing so your animals stay safe but they don’t get hurt or shocked too badly
- The fence is easy to install and doesn’t require any special tools or knowledge to set up quickly, even if you’ve never worked with electric fences before in your life
- This unit is rust resistant which means it won’t corrode easily, even when exposed to high levels of moisture or other conditions that typically cause metals like this one to break over time
Gallagher Turbo Wire Cons:
- The included metal stakes aren’t the best quality so they may need reinforcement depending on your needs. They can bend easily if you’re not careful and may even break over time.
Electric Fence Net/Double Pointed Sheep Netting Electric Fence For Goats with 3′ Height x 164′:
This is a relatively affordable way to contain animals like goats. It’s made of polyethylene, so it will last for years without any problem. The netting is easy to set up and dismantle with efficient cable ties. It can be used all year long but you’ll want to take it down in the winter months if there’s a lot of snowfall where you live.
This product is available in several different sizes, so you can choose the one that works best for your needs. You can also use it to create temporary fences by attaching it to existing ones. The high edges make it harder for animals like goats and sheep to scale over them without falling back down on their own side.
Electric Fence Net/Double Pointed Sheep Netting Features:
- The fence has been UV treated, which means it won’t fade easily no matter how much sun exposure it gets.
- Includes high quality cable ties that are designed to make dismantling the fence as quick and effortless as possible without sacrificing strength or effectiveness.
- Reinforced metal clamps tighten the netting to ensure it won’t come apart when placed under stress.
Electric Fence Net/Double Pointed Sheep Netting Pros:
- You’ll get a kit that comes with everything you need so there’s no need to buy anything else unless you want to add certain items like additional cable ties or stakes
- The included hooks and galvanized steel cables will keep your temporary fence secure for years without any problem
- This kit is easy to install and can even be taken down and stored away in the winter months if necessary
Electric Fence Net/Double Pointed Sheep Netting Cons:
- Some people may find they have trouble installing this fence, especially if they haven’t used one before. It’s relatively complicated compared to other models on the market today.
Zareba HDT500W1-Z 500-Foot Reel x 1 Inch Heavy-Duty Sure Shock Electric Fence For Goats Poly tape Weather-Resistant PVC-Coated UV-Protected and Fiberglass Weave:
This fence is made of weather-resistant PVC, so it won’t break down easily. It’s also UV protected and fiberglass weaved which means it will last for years without any problem. The tape isn’t as lightweight as some other versions on the market today, but you can still use it with existing fences if necessary. You’ll get a reel that has 500 feet of poly tape inside to ensure there’s enough to suit your needs.
Zareba Polytape Features:
- The tape measures 1 inches in diameter, which makes it perfect for containing livestock of all kinds including goats and sheep.
- Comes with a master link that’s fully enclosed to prevent corrosion or other types of damage. You can disconnect the fence without putting your hands near the electric lines if necessary.
Zareba Polytape Pros:
- You won’t have to worry about rust or corrosion when using this product, so you can safely leave it up all year round or take it down in winter months when there’s a lot of snowfall where you live without any negative effects
- Electric fencing tape is easy to install even if you’ve never used a system like this before in your life . Those who are still learning how to use it won’t have any problems at all.
- This product is lightweight enough that you can carry it around without putting too much strain on your body, or attach it to existing fences if necessary
Zareba Polytape Cons:
- The included clips aren’t the best quality and may not last as long as one might expect, especially under certain weather conditions like rain or snowfall. You should make sure they’re fastened securely before using the reel for anything important.
Zareba PW656Y6-Z Polywire 200-Meter 6-Conductor Portable Electric Fence For Goats :
One of the biggest advantages to using a product like this is that you can use it with any type of existing fencing system around your property because it doesn’t require high tension systems to keep livestock in. It’s also easier to install than most other types, so even complete beginners will have an easy time doing so without having to deal with a complicated set up or frustrating mistakes in assembly.
Zareba Polywire Features:
- The wire comes with 6 conductors so it’s perfect for containing multiple types of livestock at once, including goats and sheep. This makes it ideal for any farm operation where animals might be kept together since there won’t be any overcrowding problems.
- You get 200 meters (656 feet) worth of wire inside each box which means it should be more than enough to cover a large section of your farm if necessary.
Zareba Polywire Pros:
- This fence is easy to install so you won’t need to worry about taking days off work just to get it sorted out
- You won’t have any problems with rust or corrosion when using this product, so it can be safely left up all year round if necessary. You can also take it down in winter months without getting into any trouble.
- The 6 conductors make this fence perfect for containing multiple types of livestock at once, which saves farmers a lot of money since they don’t have to purchase separate fences and accessories for each animal
Zareba Polywire Cons:
- The included clips aren’t the best quality and may not last as long as one might like, especially under certain weather conditions like rain or snowfall. You should make sure they’re fastened securely before using the fence for anything important which means you’ll have to test them out first and make adjustments if necessary.
Petween Electric Fence Netting for Goats, Lambs, Sheep, Large Poultry, Dogs, 35″ H x 164′ L, 14 Posts, 2 Spikes, Green:
If you’re looking for a solution that’s easy to install and won’t take up too much of your time, this product is ideal. You can easily set it up on concrete or any other type of flat surface where animals like sheep might roam without any negative effects.
Petween Electric Fence Features:
- The green posts included are 164 feet long each with 2 metal end spikes attached to the end to make sure they stay in place. It also includes 14 posts in total so you’ll be able to cover a lot of ground quickly if needed.
- Each post has an adjustable height that ranges from 32 inches all the way up to 52 inches so it’s suitable for pets as well as farm animals who can range anywhere between those measurements without any problems.
- There are very few types of patches you can install with this particular fence because it’s so simple to put together and will cover a decent amount of ground without any additional setup or equipment required. The clips included are strong enough to keep everything in place if properly secured.
- The material itself is weather proof so you won’t have to worry about it being destroyed by rain, snow fall or other adverse conditions that might cause problems for other types of fences.
Petween Electric Fence Pros:
- This product comes with a one year warranty which should be more than long enough for most users who aren’t particularly hard on their equipment
- The green color blends in nicely with surrounding foliage making it much less likely to be seen as an eyesore compared to other types of fences
- The clips included are sturdy enough to keep everything in place even if it’s subjected to harsh weather conditions like snowfall or rain where other products might fall apart and need extra maintenance
Petween Electric Fence Cons:
- These posts aren’t as tall as you would expect from a typical fence, so they may not be suitable for taller farm animals. They’re also rather thin and flimsy looking which may make them unsuitable for certain users’ needs without proper additions made prior to installation
- The clips included don’t really provide the easiest setup since they take some time to figure out how each one works before being able to set up the entire thing properly. It doesn’t come with any protective coating which might be a problem for some users where pets and livestock are concerned.